Friday, March 18, 2011

Spirit of the Marathon

The train is moving again. We did 13 miles last Sunday and then a 6 mile and a 4 mile run. I feel like I am finally moving forward with training and not being stalled out because of pain or injury.

The big run was in strong winds (15-20 mph) and cold with wind chills in the single digits. Rachael really wanted to give up, but I got her to plow through it. She was glad she finished her run. As Vardotrichic says, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!" We did the puppy loop first with Bill, dropped him off, ran the Ethanol loop, and then finished 3 miles in town. Bill drove some mittens out to us on the Ethanol loop because we didn't realize how cold it was out there. Our fingers were going numb! The headwinds going north made our eyes water and our face freeze. I felt great all the way, other than really having to push into the headwinds.

The medium and short runs went ok. I never seem to enjoy the shorter, mid-week runs like I do the longer ones. I just get warmed up and have to quit. My shin bone ached a bit after the short run this week so when I got home I iced them and had a good day. I didn't feel too achy through the day so that was good.

This afternoon Rachael and I watched, "The Spirit of the Marathon". It is such a great movie to get some inspiration and end our Spring Break.

Total weekly training mileage: 23 miles

1 comment:

  1. "Spirit of the Marathon" is a GREAT movie!! We own it if you ever want to borrow it again for more inspiration :)

    I am glad the train is moving forward again!! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete