Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ahhhhh, that's better

I took about a week off to give my body a rest and reassess "what the heck am I thinking running a marathon?!"

My goal was to run about 18 miles. I went through a thorough prerun routine to get me phsyched up for the run, arranged to have a friend meet me part way through to hold me accountable to get out there and run, and started on the road around 5 AM. I ran 6 miles, met with my friend for another 6 miles, and then finished the remaining mileage with Bill. It was perhaps one of the best runs I've had in a loooong time. It felt great to be out running again. The body finally worked!

The next day I did a 4-mile walk with Bill. It felt good to get the kinks and stiffness worked out.

I have decided that 80 degrees was the maximum temperature that I will run in. Above that and I have heat issues.

Weekly training mileage: 22 miles
Total monthly mileage for August: 81 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment