Sunday, February 6, 2011

A week of rest

Well, I didn't go into this week intending to rest, but I think it's for the best. My shins have been really sore, a sign of overuse. I thought a week off would do them good. By Saturday I was feeling a lot better so I took Rachael and Bill on a 4-mile run. I could feel it by the end of the run, but it was still a good run. My muscular and cardiovascular systems feel like I could run a marathon now, but my skeletal system is speaking otherwise. My fear is another injury so I'm still laying low. I started 4-6 weeks earlier than I did last year for almost the same date marathon. I figured this would give me time to take a break if I needed it. If something happened I could take a week or two off and still not lose on the training schedule. Next week the plan is 3-5-3-9. We'll see how much I really get done; it's a crazy busy week!

1 comment:

  1. Listen to your body!! If it says take a break...be sure to take a break :) You will be just fine come race day that way!!

    ReplyDelete